Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend - summer goes too fast

Katie and I went to Taylor's Falls on Saturday, and a nicer day there couldn't have been. Skies were clear, temps were balmy, winds were refreshing. No wasps or mosquitos. We had the Keyhole area to ourselves (except for a couple of hikers peering over the top).

We rappelled, then pulled the rope and I led The Keyhole (5.6). I belayed Katie to the top. We rappelled and climbed Keyhole Direct (5.9). Fun. I led the route to the right of the Keyhole, which I've led before and is actually quite good despite ending in a bush. I scrambled to the top of Double Cracks (5.9+) and set up a toprope. We each climbed it about three times. I thought about leading it, but didn't. Led it once before, with a hang. Then Katie did a practice lead of the Keyhole (on toprope, but placing gear and clipping the second rope to the gear). She exclaimed that it was a lot harder.

Great day.

On Sunday Ross made the Jag sedan run(!) and I started sanding a batch of kitchen cabinet doors, moved some raspberry plants, washed clothes, did some minor house cleaning. That's what summer days are all about... staying cool and getting things done.

No comments: